ENTRY RULES FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION
(If you are submitting your entry in person or are mailing it to the store, please follow these instructions instead.)
1. The contest is open to manuscripts of 1,200 words or fewer. Entries outside the word limitation will be disregarded.
2. To keep our judging free from favoring any authors by name, DO NOT put your name on the pages of your manuscript. Instead, type a seven-digit number of your choice in the top right corner of each page of your manuscript. Make sure to enter that same number in the entry form, along with your name, address and phone number, and to enter that same number in the payment form.
3. The entry fee is $6.00 per manuscript. You may enter as many manuscripts as you wish. Each one must be submitted and paid for individually. After submitting this entry form you will be taken to a payment page where you will be asked to enter the seven digit number you have put on the top of each page of your manuscript. If payment isn't received your entry will not be considered.
4. All entries files must be in the .doc, .txt, .rft, or .pdf format. Files submitted in other formats will not be opened. Files must not be larger than 800 kb and cannot contain images.
5. All entries must be original and previously unpublished. Bookshop Santa Cruz reserves the right to publish the winning entry in our Readers newsletter, and to post the first, second, and third place winners on www.bookshopsantacruz.com and make them available to read in the store.
6. Employees of Bookshop Santa Cruz and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the contest.
7. All entries must be received no later than February 15th, 2020.
Final judging will take place by March 30TH, 2020.