BOTH EVENTS ARE NOW SOLD OUT.
Festival and midnight release tickets were capped due to crowd capacity and fire codes. Bookshop Santa Cruz will be closed to the general public during the midnight release party but will be open while the family festival is happening on Front Street. Only ticket holders will be admitted into the store during the midnight party or into the festival grounds.
Grab your wand and join us on a new Harry Potter adventure!
At midnight on July 30th, Harry Potter & the Cursed Child -- Parts I & II will be released worldwide. This new book is the story of Harry Potter, 19 years later. Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany, Harry Potter & the Cursed Child is the script of the new play premiering in London on the same night.
It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband, and father of three school-age children. While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes darkness comes from unexpected places.
To celebrate this new Harry Potter book, Bookshop Santa Cruz will be hosting two release parties. Tickets to the release parties are provided through the pre-purchase of Harry Potter & the Cursed Child -- Parts I & II.
Join Bookshop Santa Cruz and the Downtown Association for a full-street Harry Potter Festival. Front Street, behind Bookshop Santa Cruz, will be closed to the general public during the party. Only ticket holders will be admitted.
- Play Quidditch on our outdoor Quidditch pitch.
- Join West Performing Arts with interactive Harry Potter activities and performances.
- Purchase Harry Potter memorabilia including puzzles, trivia games, stuffed owls, ties and more.
- Learn about the care of creatures such as snakes, frogs and spiders with Pet Shop Santa Cruz and the Museum of Natural History.
- Get your face painted with lightning bolts, house crests or dragons at Brenda’s Facepainting. (Donations welcome.)
- Have your fortune told with a Tarot card reading by Serpent's Kiss, or peer at your future in a tea cup.
- Make Harry Potter wands with Kaiwa Art & Play Space.
- Purchase Butterbeer from Penny Ice Creamery, Cauldron Cakes from Buttercup Cakes, and visit Honeydukes for wizarding candy of all kinds.
- Buy Harry Potter socks from Sockshop Santa Cruz and donate a pair of new socks in honor of Dobby to the Santa Cruz Family Shelter.
- Test your Harry Potter knowledge throughout the day with Harry Potter Festival-wide Trivia from Trivia Master Thomas Todd.
- Get a Dark Mark or Dumbledore's Army tattoo.
- Take a picture that places you in the center of your own Quidditch match using green screen technology.
Pre-purchase Harry Potter & the Cursed Child -- Parts I & II ($29.99 + tax) and receive two tickets to our Harry Potter Festival. Additional tickets for the Festival (maximum of 2 additional tickets for an additional child or parent in the same family) are $3 each.