SOLD OUT: Festival and midnight release tickets were capped due to crowd capacity and fire codes. Bookshop Santa Cruz will be open to the general public during the festival but only ticket holders will be admitted into the festival grounds outside the store. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II will be available for sale inside Bookshop Santa Cruz while supplies last.
Grab your wands and join us on a new Harry Potter adventure! To celebrate the publication of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts I & II, Bookshop Santa Cruz will be hosting a Midnight Release Party on Saturday, July 30th, and a Harry Potter Festival on Sunday, July 31st. (Read more about the Midnight Release Party here.) Tickets are required for both events. (See details here.)
Harry Potter Festival, Sunday Morning, July 31st, 10:00am-1:00pm
Join Bookshop Santa Cruz and the Downtown Association for a full-street Harry Potter Festival. Front Street, behind Bookshop Santa Cruz, will be closed to the general public during the party. Only ticket holders will be admitted.
- Play Quidditch on our outdoor Quidditch pitch.
- Join West Performing Arts with interactive Harry Potter activities and performances.
- Purchase Harry Potter memorabilia including puzzles, trivia games, stuffed owls, ties and more.
- Learn about the care of creatures such as snakes, frogs and spiders with Pet Shop Santa Cruz and the Museum of Natural History.
- Get your face painted with lightning bolts, house crests or dragons at Brenda’s Facepainting. (Donations welcome.)
- Have your fortune told with a Tarot card reading by Serpent's Kiss, or peer at your future in a tea cup.
- Make Harry Potter wands with Kaiwa Art & Play Space.
- Purchase Butterbeer from Penny Ice Creamery, Cauldron Cakes from Buttercup Cakes, and visit Honeydukes for wizarding candy of all kinds.
- Buy Harry Potter socks from Sockshop Santa Cruz and donate a pair of new socks in honor of Dobby to the Santa Cruz Family Shelter.
- Test your Harry Potter knowledge throughout the day with Harry Potter Festival-wide Trivia from Trivia Master Thomas Todd.
- Get a Dark Mark or Dumbledore's Army tattoo.
- Take a picture that places you in the center of your own Quidditch match using green screen technology.