Thank you for your interest in the Bookshop Santa Cruz Consignment program! If you have successfully submitted your Registration form for our Consignment Program, or otherwise been in contact with our Consignment specialist about your book, please pay your registration fee for the Consignment Program below.
If you are interested in our Promotional Package, please note that the $75 fee is in ADDITION to the $25 registration fee - if you are signing up a new title for our Consignment Program and would like to register for the Promotional Package as well, please add both fees to your cart. The Promotional Package cannot be purchased for a title without a registration fee paid. However, the Promotional Package can be purchased at a later date from Registration payment.
PLEASE NOTE: Our Consignment Program is designed primarily for authors local to the Santa Cruz County area. If you are an author from outside the area who is interested in this program, please contact our Consignment specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your book, and why you would like it on the shelves at Bookshop Santa Cruz, to discuss your options.
- This is a one-time $25 handling fee for consignment books.
- Bookshop Santa Cruz typically pays 60% for a consignment book.
- Bookshop Santa Cruz will initially take 5 copies of the book.
- Bookshop Santa Cruz agrees to display books left here on a consignment basis for 6 months.
- During that period, Bookshop may contact the consignor to request additional quantities for sale.
- Bookshop Santa Cruz will only pay for items that were sold. Damaged or stolen items are the sole financial responsibility of the consignor.
To purchase this item, you must first or simultaneously purchase the "Consignment Registration Fee". The Promotional Package includes:
- Your book featured for at least two weeks in a New & Recommended section for your book's genre.
- Your book will be listed in our email newsletter, sent to 20,000+ customers.
- We will place a shelftalker with your book to highlight it on the shelf.
- Customers will be able to buy your book online for the entire time it is in stock at Bookshop.
Please note that due to the high volume of promotional package submissions, it can often take at least 4-6 weeks for books to be placed in the New & Recommended section after the initial drop-off. Each package element is staggered to maximize exposure for the title. Depending on the number of active promotional titles, Local Author displays may take a minimum of 6-8 weeks from Package start date. Newsletter features occur in the order by which authors sign-up for promotional packages and often occur after in-store display periods have culminated.