Bookshop Santa Cruz hosts over 150 events each year including readings and discussions with both national and local authors. This position, located in the Events Department, includes assisting our events hosting team made up of designated bookseller hosts with running our author events both for in-store and off-site events. Responsibilities include setting up and breaking down events space, coordinating event book displays, problem solving during events, ticket taking and book distribution, assisting in the signing line and working to ensure a successful event for customers and authors alike.
***Applicant must be able to handle books and other merchandise, be able to move furniture and lift & carry boxes/tables up to 65 pounds and stand throughout the entire shift.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Quick learner, detail oriented, focused, reliable and hard working.
- Needs to be able to take direction from the events host and then use that instruction to do their job quickly and accurately without distraction.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to publicly represent Bookshop Santa Cruz to outside parties including authors, publishers, local organizations, etc.
- General evening availability.
- $16.00/hour plus staff discount on days you work.
- 5-8 hour shifts (1:45-10:15pm or 4-10pm) on nights, mostly Sunday-Thursday. Number of hours per week will vary with events schedule but mostly likely 1-2 shifts/week.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 19th.
Please include your evening availability and the number of desired shifts each week.