Bookshop Santa Cruz is now accepting applications for the following position:
Digital Media Marketing Coordinator
Bookshop Santa Cruz is seeking a talented email marketing and social media coordinator to create compelling, innovative, relevant and impactful promotions that further Bookshop’s mission of connecting customers to the written word. Responsibilities would include producing and analyzing Bookshop Santa Cruz’s email marketing and social media channels as well as being a key member of the marketing team to launch, coordinate and produce Bookshop’s promotions. Work in the heart of the Santa Cruz community by sharing a passion for books and independent bookstores with our engaged and supportive customer base. This in-person (not remote) position will be supervised by Bookshop’s Marketing Director.
- Creating email marketing campaigns end-to-end, managing email databases, and creating newsletters.
- Reviewing analytics and creating reports on key metrics using POS data and Google analytics.
- Executing a results-driven social media strategy for promotions and campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, and Twitter.
- Developing and curating engaging content for social media platforms.
- Representing the Bookshop Santa Cruz brand across marketing platforms.
- Collaborating with marketing team members to create a robust and innovative marketing calendar that reflects the Santa Cruz community.
- Monitoring the digital marketing space and social media channels for industry trends.
- Interacting with users and responding to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Partnering with the Marketing Director to accomplish all Bookshop Santa Cruz promotions (digital and otherwise).
- Brainstorming new and creative growth strategies for digital marketing.
Other duties as needed including assisting on the Bookshop sales floor.
Skills We Expect:
- 1-2 years experience with B2C email marketing and social media marketing or content development (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok)
- Experience with the Constant Contact platform
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Strong project management skills
- An ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as a team
- Love and knowledge of books a must
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Up to 40 hours/week
- Starting at $19/hour + dental and vision benefits after 60 days, PTO, generous employee discounts + book borrowing
This position is represented by the Communication Workers of America Union.
Bookshop Santa Cruz embraces diversity and equal opportunity in our workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
To apply, send a current resume, cover letter outlining your interest and experience, and writing sample to email@example.com. The writing sample should be a subject line and introductory paragraph (1-2 sentences) for a Bookshop Santa Cruz email announcing 2022’s Most Anticipated Books of the Year.