Bookshop Santa Cruz is now accepting applications for the following position: Bookseller
Are you passionate about books? Want to work in the heart of the community? This is a customer-service position that requires a friendly, courteous and helpful manner. Responsibilities include cash register operation, helping customers find titles, placing special orders, helping to order for the store, shelving and maintenance, and more. Applicant needs to be able to perform frequent, repetitive movements, handling books and other merchandise, and to be able to operate computer and cashier terminals during busy times of the day. This is an entry-level position, working as an on-call substitute with a minimum of 24 hours per week guaranteed and required. This is a year-round job. At least a one year commitment is needed. This position is the path to gaining a regular schedule at Bookshop Santa Cruz.
- Previous bookstore or customer service experience preferred
- 24 hours per week minimum required and guaranteed (more possible)
- $15.00/hour starting wage
- Bookshop shift times:
Swing: 10am–6:30pm, 11am–7:30pm, 12:30–9:00pm or 1:00-9:30pm
Night: 1:45pm–10:15pm (Sun–Thurs) or 2:45pm–11:15pm (Fri & Sat)
(maximum availability needed, including weekends, nights, and entire holiday season)
- Starting date: Tuesday, June 18th (40 hour orientation paid training Tuesday 6/18 through Saturday 6/22, 8:30am–5pm each day.)
- Applications & resumes accepted through 6/8, Tues - Sat, 10am–3pm ONLY. Please ask for Patrick.
If interested and if you generally have flexible availability, please ask for an application. We look forward to meeting you.