Light in the Shadows A Life of Epilepsy is a Self-help inspirational Memoir following James Bailey's emotional but inspirational rollercoaster of a journey. Diagnosed at a young age of two with chronic and refractory epilepsy, suffering from many seizures often experiencing hundreds per day. The right side of James Bailey's body shutting down and remaining dormant because of the seizures. On this journey he explains why he felt like an animal in a zoo as others watched. What it is like living with this chronic illness. How many obstacles and limitations one can face when diagnosed with this condition, and how it affects those around him. But how his resilience and determination got him through it.
This book really is A Life of Epilepsy learn more about this author here lightintheshadows.co.uk
The Epilepsy Society has recommended Light in the Shadows A Life of Epilepsy.
Inside this book covers some of these areas.
- 26 years of first-hand experience of Chronic Epilepsy.
- Feelings experienced as a toddler, child, teenager, and adult.
- The effects these events have on your life and the rejection and limitations.
- How I overcome my insecurities, depression, and anxiety.
- What it feels like and how I overcome bullying; physical, verbal, social and cyber-bullying.
- The lasting effects this can have on the siblings from a first-person point of view.
- How my parents helped me through it and what they have done to support me.
Reviews for Light in the Shadows:
'I was given a real privilege to read this book pre-release. This was not only a nice read but also has given me a better understanding of what it is like to live with these conditions. I consider this gentleman a real inspiration.'
- Denise R, former neurologist nurse
'I can't put it into words how amazing it is I couldn't take my eyes of it. I like how J. Bailey has put so much detail into every little piece of his book.
Working with toddlers and children and my partner suffering from epilepsy this book has given me a real insight to what he is going through as he finds it very hard to discuss, the book. It's eye watering. I take my hat off to him for writing this book He is an inspiration and role model to many others out there. 5* for me, thank you once again.'
- Early years key worker