Hard to Find - Contact Store for Availability
Old houses are charming, but owning one can be a labor of love. Expert carpenter and house "doctor" Christopher Evers equates old homes with ailing patients, describing how you can successfully "treat" your old house and make it good as new. With over 300 clear, line illustrations, Evers provides a practical guide to repairing, renovating, and preserving your old house--basement to attic--so you can enjoy it for years to come. Evers gives detailed instructions on the "anatomy" of old homes as well as how to fix a variety of problems, including:
- Repairing old plumbing fixtures
- Replacing shingles on the roof
- Straightening the house’s frame
- Rewiring old electrical systems
- Removing old wallpaper
- Protecting against termites and other harmful pests
- Adding insulation for better energy efficiency
- Fixing old eaves
- Reinstalling windows and doors
- And more!
A classic in old-home repair, The Old-House Doctor
is an invaluable, and timeless, guide for keeping your old home in tip-top shape, while meeting your modern needs.