Want to become a Bookshop Book Group Ambassador? In this volunteer position, you would help share great book recommendations to local book groups! Get exclusive, behind-the-scenes information about books (and gain access to those books) before they’re even published. Use that exclusive Bookshop knowledge to share the latest book buzz with fellow book lovers and book groups.
What does it take to be an Ambassador?
- Attend 2-4 publisher/book buyer book pitch meetings per year organized by Bookshop.
- Read books in advance of their publishing dates and provide written reviews targeted to book groups.
- Present this information at a “trunk show” of 8-10 books to 1-2 book groups per year.
- Participate as a book presenter at a Book Group Mixer.
- Serve as an ambassador to local book groups by identifying and meeting their book needs.
What are the qualifications?
- Strong interest in reading a diverse set of books that are good for book groups.
- Comfort with public speaking to publicly represent Bookshop.
- Good written communication.
- Availability to serve for one year as an Ambassador.
What are the perks of being an Ambassador?
- Invites to exclusive, behind-the-scenes bookstore meetings and pitches.
- Early access to advance reading copies of books (both in print, digital and in audio form).
- Tickets and VIP seats to selected author events targeted at book groups.
- 35% Ambassador discount on days you work for us.
What is a Bookshop Trunk Show?
A Bookshop Trunk Show is a special event where a Bookshop Ambassador will present book reviews and recommendations for 8-10 featured books at the book group’s meeting. Books will be available for purchase during the Trunk Show.
- You can apply to be an Ambassador here. Bookshop will select 3-5 Ambassadors for 2019. Deadline is January 4, 2019.