Phren-Z, The Hive Poetry Collective, and Bookshop Santa Cruz present the Zoom Forward Reading Series—an ongoing reading series to showcase writers, keep our cultural spritits high, and support Bookshop Santa Cruz.
The Zoom Forward Reading Series is designed to bring public readings back to life through the use of Zoom Meetings that can host up to 100 participants per event. The first events will be experimental, as folks learn how to use Zoom to join meetings, check their audio and video connections, and adapt to this new way of commuications. If you join a meeting, be patient as we learn together.
Please join Dion O'Reilly, Maggie Paul, and Gary Young as they read from their latest work during our first Zoom Forward online reading.
A few notes for potential participants:
- The event is Friday, March 27, at 6:00 p.m.
- It will be a good idea to establish a FREE Basic Zoom account before joining, at zoom.us.
- The link to enter the event is https://zoom.us/j/
- The room will hold 100 participants. There is no password.
- Participants will have their sound muted upon entrance, and we request that they remain muted until the final reader, Gary, has finished.
- Patience is the key word for this first experiment with the Zoom Forward! project.
- If you have difficulties, send an email to Jory at email@example.com, but I will be co-hosting, so again, patience!
- This event is co-sponsored by The Hive, Bookshop Santa Cruz, and phren-Z.