New Books for Summer Reading: Some of our favorite books of the season, as featured in our bi-annual print newsletter, READERS.
- Hardback Fiction
- Paperback Fiction
- Graphic Novels
- Mystery & True Crime
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Biography & Memoir
- History & Politics
- Science & Nature
- Travel, Adventure, & Sports
- The Moon
- Home & Garden
- Cookbooks & Food Writing
- Books For Young Readers
- UCSC Partnership & New Slug Shop
- Bookshop's 2020 Vision Campaign
- Staff Profile: Ivy Quirk
- The Octopus by Lauren Michelle Finkle. First place winner of Bookshop's annual short story contest
- Attention Young Writers! Enter our annual contest for writers ages 6-17
- 2019 Summer Reading Program
- Books & Brews - the return of our popular summer event series!
On the Cover: Diving by Andrea De Santis
“I was born in Brescia, Italy, in 1978, but now I live in the center of Italy. I started drawing when I was a child, continually looking for ideas that would increase my imagination. My illustrations belong to conceptual or surrealist art and my style is mainly minimal and narrative. I use chromatic contrasts and rarefied atmospheres to compose oneiric scenes. I always try to give a positive, playful vision. In my spare time I love reading books, traveling, riding my old motorcycle, and going swimming—themes that often inspire me for my illustrations.
(See www.adesantis.it for more about the artist.)