New Books for Summer Reading: Some of our favorite books of the season.
- Hardback Fiction
- Paperback Fiction
- Graphic Novels
- Mystery & Suspense
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Biography & Memoir
- History & Politics
- Science & Nature
- Mind, Body, & Spirit
- Travel, Adventure, & Sports
- Home & Garden
- Cookbooks & Food Writing
- Books For Young Readers
- Bookshop's Women's Voices Campaign
- Santa Cruz Noir by Kat Bailey
- Staff Profile: The Care & Keeping of a Rachel
- Maria's Grandfather by Nancy Hofmann. First place winner of Bookshop's annual short story contest
- Attention Young Writers! Enter our annual contest for writers ages 6-17
- 2018 Summer Reading Program
- Books & Brews - the return of our popular summer event series!
On the Cover: Sunbather on Green Asphalt II by Maxwell Doig
Looking at Maxwell Doig's paintings is an experience in modern classicism. We are seduced by the carefully ordered compositions, by the quality of light, and by his masterly use of technique. The paintings are quiet but have an immediate effect and seem to grow in intensity with prolonged viewing. He lives and works in Yorkshire, UK, and is represented by Messum's, London. Andrew Sanderson (photographer). Learn more about Doig's artwork on his website, and don't miss this lovely short film about the artist.