What would happen if the world were ending?
Bookshop Santa Cruz handles hundreds of consignments per year. This program allows us to continue to accept all of the professionally-produced, self-published books from our local authors and to devote our resources to prominently featuring them throughout the store. It also allows us to work on cooperative marketing initiatives such as joint ads in local papers. It is our expectation that this program will lead to higher sales and more publicity for your book.
General Policy Information
- There is a one time $25 handling fee for consignment books.
- Bookshop Santa Cruz typically pays 60% for a consignment book.
- Bookshop Santa Cruz will initially take 5 copies of the book.
- Bookshop Santa Cruz agrees to display books left here on a consignment basis for 6 months.
- During that period, Bookshop may contact the consignor to request additional quantities for sale. Bookshop will pay the consignor for items sold on a quarterly basis.
- At the end of the consignment period, Bookshop may send any unsold books and any remaining payment accrued from book sales to the address provided by the consignor (paid by initial handling fee).
- Bookshop Santa Cruz will only pay for items that were sold. Damaged or stolen items are the sole financial responsibility of the consignor.
Additional Promotional Package
For an additional $75 we will:
- Prominently feature your book for at least two weeks in our New & Recommended section in the center aisle of the store.
- List your book in our email newsletter, sent to 5,000+ customers.
- Present your book on the Featured Local Authors page of our website for at least 60 days.
- Place a shelftalker with your book to high light it on the shelf.
- Enable customers to buy your book online for the entire time it is in stock at Bookshop.
(Please note: it can take 4-6 weeks for books to be placed in the New & Recommended section and 6-8 weeks for books to be included in our email newsletter and on our website.)
For the additional promotional package you must provide:
- 5 copies of your book
- A description of your book in 50 words or less.
- A JPEG image of the book cover
If you are interested in the consignment program, please email email@example.com